Dairy Free, Vegan
For the Hummus:
- 1 cup carrots, sliced into 5cm pieces
- 1 teaspoon extra virgin olive oil, for roasting
- 1 teaspoon balsamic vinegar, for roasting
- 1 x400g can of chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1 heaped tablespoon tahini
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- ½ teaspoon salt, or more to taste
- ⅓ cup ice cold water
- Pine nuts
- Fresh parsley
- Olive oil
- Preheat the oven to 210° C
- Toss carrots in olive oil and balsamic vinegar.
- Roast for 30-35 minutes, or until tender.
- Once carrots are done roasting, place all the hummus ingredients into a food processor, except for the water.
- Blend until ingredients are combined and starting to break down.
- Slowly add in the cold water as you continue to blend until smooth.
- Serve with homemade pita chips, vegetables, or tortilla chips.